Travel – Eat – Sleep had a great blog post recently on things to do in Baltimore, Maryland. Of course, Baltimore is just a couple of hour drive from Gettysburg and so it makes a great day trip. I’ve talked about day trips to Baltimore before. But I like these suggestions:
- Lexington Market – Truly a site to see, this is the country’s longest running market. Historic and cultural. Don’t miss it.
- St. Mary’s Park – One of nature’s many blessings.
- Washington Monument – Didn’t know Baltimore had a Washington Monument? Well, now you do. Check it out.
- Mount Vernon Park – Home of the Washington Monument.
- Walters Art Gallery – Statues, paintings, displays of knights’ armor … there is no gallery like it.
- Maryland Science Center – Worth a trip just to see the giant dinosaur out front.
- The Light Rail – Of course, Baltimore has one of the best public transportation systems in the world. And why you want to drive?